Mike Montague interviews John Rulin, author of Giftology: The art and science of using gifts to cut through the noise, increase referrals, and strengthen retention, on How to Succeed at Giftology.
Radical generosity is the against-the-grain secret weapon of real influencers, and it will allow you to boost referrals, retention rates, and ROI like few other strategies. But be warned, gifts with strings attached backfire.
John Ruhlin has gifted on behalf of everyone from Forbes Magazine to the Fortune 500 and his tactics lead to appreciative responses and wide-open checkbooks.
- Mastering reciprocity, the hidden bottom-line booster
- Laser-targeting whom to give a gift and when to use thrift
- Uncovering your client’s inner circle and becoming part of it
Find John Ruhlin at: https://johnruhlin.com/
Find Giftology at: https://giftologygroup.com/ In this episode:
- The best attitude, behavior, and technique on how to succeed at giftology
- Giftology is about relationships
- Make the gift about them
- Don’t send the gift after the deal is closed
- Give gifts because you want to, not because you have to
- Focus on the who, not the what
- It’s the thoughtful thought that counts
- Finding the right gift takes focus and listening
- Go deep into the details
- Give useful artifacts
- Look at your ROR, not your ROI
- How John defines success
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe.
Find white papers, webinars, and more in our free Sandler E-Learning Library: https://www.sandler.com/sell